Services during Covid restrictions
To follow Government and Baptist Union guidelines and keep visitors safe, we can only have a limited number of people in the building for services at the moment. All households must stay 2 metres apart at all times. To keep track of numbers and collect contact information to help with NHS Test and Trace, please book for the service you want to attend. If you are booking on behalf of someone else who may not have internet access, you must make a separate booking for them unless they are in your household or bubble.
There is no Sunday Club, toy areas or creche room running at the moment and children must stay seated with their family or secure in a pram for the whole service. Children are welcome – you will still need to book for them online, same as for adults.
Click the Book Now button below for the service you want to attend. This will take you to Eventbrite – follow the ‘Register’ buttons. You will be asked for your name and contact information, which we will keep for 21 days to assist NHS Test and Trace. You don’t need to have an Eventbrite account or log in to do any of this, and you don’t need to bring a print out with you on the day! You’ll get an email to confirm we know you’re coming and someone from HLBC team will be in touch if there are any problems.
See below for more information about services during Covid times and what to expect.
Please be aware:
- If you or someone in your household has had any Covid symptoms in the 7 days before the service you’re attending – a high temperature, a continuous cough, or loss of your sense of taste or smell – or you’ve been asked to self-isolate, then please stay at home.
- If you are clinically vulnerable, please carefully consider if you should attend the service.
- If you’ve booked a seat but are unable to attend, please contact HLBC and let us know as we may be able to offer your spot to someone else!
Sunday 2nd May at 10.15am – booking finished
What will a service in the building be like?
- We have moved some chairs around but apart from that it looks just the same! To follow the Covid Safety rules everyone needs to stay 2 metres apart all the time so we have spread the chairs out to make this easier. If you are coming with other members of your household or bubble you can sit next to each other.
- When you arrive one of the Welcoming Team will greet you outside and they will tell you your seat number. There is sanitiser for your hands as you come in through the entrance hall. All the chairs have big numbers on and one of the Welcoming Team will help you find yours.
- At the moment everyone coming into a place of worship has to wear a face covering, unless you are exempt.
- Once you come in you will need to stay at your chair. You can wave at them! After the service you will be able to go outside and chat following normal social distancing rules.
- There will be prayers, readings, and a short sermon from the stage. The Worship Group will play music and sing. The service will be shorter than usual, around 30-45 minutes. To keep risk low and follow current guidelines, everyone is asked not to sing or pray out loud or shout. We know this feels difficult – but we can still share in worship together led from the front.
There will still be Sunday service videos and recordings of sermons available on the church YouTube channel.